Introduction to Slip and Fall Claims
All property owners have a legal obligation to ensure that they do not put others in danger. This applies to all types of property owners - homeowners, businesses, and even the government.
- Read our Personal Injury Q&A
- Read about the results we have obtained for personal injury clients
- Read our client testimonials
Unfortunately, property owners sometimes fall short of their legal obligations, and accidents happen. One of the most common of these accidents is referred to as a “slip and fall” or “trip and fall.” Common locations where visitors fall and injure themselves include stores, restaurants, sidewalks, hospitals, hotels, motels, private homes, and apartment buildings. These accidents can cause serious injuries such as broken bones, spinal cord injuries, brain damage, and, in extreme cases, death.
Some of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Slippery floors such as marble or ceramic tile floors
- Wet floors
- Overcrowded or debris-strewn store aisles
- Stairs with uneven or narrow treads
- Stairs with broken or nonexistent railings
- Walkways or pathways with debris
- Cracked or uneven sidewalks
- Flooring with uneven surfaces
- Carpets that slip or slide on floors
- Sudden dips or drops in flooring elevation
- Ice and snow on sidewalks and parking lots
Contact The Durst Law Firm If you have suffered a serious slip and fall injury.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you need an experienced personal injury attorney to work with you to build your case. The Durst Law Firm will guide you through every stage of the case until justice is done. Alex Durst has twice been named a “Super Lawyer” and has extensive personal injury experience. Call us today at (513) 621-4999 for a free case evaluation.